Wednesday, August 28, 2013

She's in Canada!!

Brittany finally emailed today (8-27-13)!!
Sister Brittany Larsen the day she arrived in Vancouver.  With President and Sister Tilleman.
 
Sorry I didn't e-mail you yesterday! The thing is, is that Sister Parkinson (she's from New Zealand) and I are in such a small area (Oliver/Osoyoos) that nothing is open on Monday, including the library. So, We have to go to the chapel on tuesdays to e-mail because the library is always full anyways. So just know that my P-day is monday, but I will always e-mail on tuesday as long as I'm in this area. Which, by the way, is so cute! Almost everyone here is older than the hills are they are so funny. A lot of them are members but are less active, or are active with Word of Wisdom issues or something. They are so funny and so sweet though. Sister Parkinson and I are getting along well so far I guess. We are both really different, but I'm trying hard to be patient and loving.The flight was good. I did get to nap so that was awesome. I got to nap on our 8 hour bus ride from Richmond to Osoyoos too so that was exciting! lol I'm excited that Austin is going to write me. I can't wait for him to get his call!!! I did get the package you sent me, thank you so much! you're amazing. I am sending a letter to you guys today, but the postal system here is pretty unreliable so I don't know how soon it will get to you guys.  How is school going for dad and Cody? How is work going for you? My back is alright, I'm getting a lot of shoulder knots because I'm so stressed, but I'm doing my best not to be so stressed out! We did get to go do a session at the temple at the MTC and it was awesome. I don't know if we'll get to out here. The temple here is itty bitty.  We've only had a couple doors slammed in our faces since we've been here, but it's okay because we just go to the next house and hope it's better(: haha there is like older guy that has been an investigator for a little while and he's really lonely so he has a little shih-tzu named Annie, and he brings her to church and she just sits there quietly on his lap and he talks to her and it's pretty funny. I spoke in sacrament this last Sunday! I spoke on missionary work. Oh, and our chapel used to be a funeral home and the primary room downstairs is where they used to keep all the dead bodies, so there's that. We have a branch, not a ward. I love my area and I love the people! I am starting to have a canada/new zealand accent already too! Hope to hear from you super soon!  I love you all so much(:

Love, Sister Brittany Larsen(:


Please write to her.  Don't forget to put extra postage.  It is a $1.10 for 2 ounces, they sell 'Global Forever' stamps.

Sister Brittany Anne Larsen
P.O. Box 1337
Oliver, BC
V0H IT0
Canada

Sister Nelson (MTC comp) and I being sad that we weren't going to be companions anymore.

Me and my comp, Sister Parkinson (who is from NZ) at the Vancouver Temple. We stopped there on the way to our area, to take a picture.
 I took this on the drive to Osoyoos! It is so beautiful here!!!
Me with all my luggage on trax on the way to the airport!


No comments:

Post a Comment