Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Crazy, Busy, Wonderful Week of Missionary Work

Dear Fam Jam,

Missionary work is exhausting!!! I have almost fallen asleep in a couple lessons lol but I love it so much and wouldn't trade it for the world right now!!!

Tuesday was great. We got to help deliver bags for the BC Thanksgiving Food Drive (their Thanksgiving is October 14th). So that's what we did for most of the day, and it was really hot but we had fun. I got some massive blisters, but it's okay because now my shoes are REALLY broken in(:

Wednesday we had Zone Meeting. It was absolutely wonderful and I learned so much about being a "new era" missionary and how hard we have to work so that God can help us when we fall short. We had dinner at the Martino's and that was great. Their family is so awesome and I'm so grateful for them and all of the support they give to us as missionaries(: We did service for Sister B. that night (nonmember daughter of an active member). It was so great to see how much we were able to help her and she said she appreciated it so much!

Thursday was weekly planning but we also go to do exchanges part way through the day. I got to be with Sister Hughes, one of the Sister Training Leaders in my zone. She is so wonderful and I learned so much from her about member work, positivity, and connecting with people when finding them to teach!! We had so many QGC's (quality gospel conversations) that evening during consecrated finding time and I loved it so much.

Friday we went and did some service for Sister S. and helped her make peach jam and can peaches! It was so cool to learn about and she even let us have some. The jam is so delicious!!! We exchanged back and Sister Parkinson and I went and tracted for the rest of the evening.

Saturday was so busy and crazy! We went and picked up all the bags for the food drive and then we got to help sort the food. It was so much fun and we got to work very closely with the members, all of whom I absolutely adore!! That evening we found a young man named Colton who looked worried and troubled. Sister P. and I asked if we could help him and he said he didn't have a place to stay for the night. We called every single person we could think of for a solid 45 minutes to see if anyone could help. No one could. I have never prayed so hard in my life that someone would be willing to help this young man. Then randomly, this gentleman walks up and is like "you need a place to stay for the night? I've got a floor you can stay on." Colton said thanks and walked off with the man. After that I just started crying. I knew at that point that Heavenly Father was there and that miracles happen if you have the faith that they will, even if after everything you do, you think nothing has worked, He will work it all out.

Sunday was great! We had potluck and it was absolutely delicious. Then yesterday was P day and we got to go see Amanda's horse, Cassanova. It was so fun!! We also got to do service for Sister B. and help her clean some more!

This week was so wonderful and I just love being a missionary(: I love you all. The church is true!(:

Love, Sister Brittany Anne Larsen(:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment