Monday, June 22, 2015

Finding True Joy in The Book of Mormon & the Atonement

For anyone who knows me well, they know that one thing I absolutely love doing is sharing my testimony! Every single time I start talking about the gospel, or thinking about how much it has blessed my life and my family, I get this ridiculously huge smile on my face because it makes me THAT happy. Earlier today I watched a video that one of my favorite people in Sooke, BC posted on her Facebook. It was about the Book of Mormon and how it truly is another testament of Jesus Christ. I felt the Spirit so strongly in that moment and it was again confirmed to me through the power of the Holy Ghost how true this gospel really is, but especially how real the Book of Mormon is and how it blesses so many people's lives.
Something that I find so amazing about the Book of Mormon is the ability is has to change lives. The gospel of Jesus Christ and His Atonement changes lives first and foremost, but through gaining a knowledge of the Book of Mormon going hand in hand with Bible, both being the word of God, we come to know individually that the Savior is real; that His atoning sacrifice is real. We can only come to know that for ourselves by sincerely seeking out the answer through study and prayer. Can we just talk about how awesome prayer is for a second? I mean really, is it not the coolest thing that Heavenly Father gave us that gift of being able to speak to Him while we're here in this mortal existence? I think it's the most fantastic thing. Ever. Sometimes I think we forget to listen though. Prayer is far from leaving a voicemail for Heavenly Father. It's a two-way conversation. Every time. We just need to make sure we're paying enough attention to what He is telling us.

I was recently talking to a newly found friend about when I gained my testimony of the Book of Mormon and when he gained his. Side note: these conversations are wonderful to have with anyone and everyone. Super great. Anyways, as we were talking and I was thinking about my testimony, I realized it was the one thing in this life that I had gained completely on my own. It was 100% mine. People helped me understand different things along the way (and I'm so thankful for that), but I realized that no one had done it for me or babied me to get to the point where I'm at now. And in that moment I was the most grateful I had ever been in my life for gaining a strong, solid testimony to the point where I "knew." It is no longer a belief, a hope, or an optimism that this is true anymore. It has become a knowledge. And I think that's why I love sharing my testimony so much. I think it's because I know with a surety that Jesus Christ is my Savior, and your Savior, and everyone's Savior. And I want EVERYONE to come to know the joy and everlasting peace that can be found in this knowledge. Even during the darkest hour in your life, Jesus Christ is there for you. He knows you and He loves you perfectly. The Atonement is the key to finding happiness in this life. And I will be forever grateful for that.

Here is a link to the video that somewhat inspired this post:
https://www.facebook.com/moronichannel/videos/433403496837571/?autoplay_reason=all_page_organic_allowed

No comments:

Post a Comment