Thursday, January 2, 2014

O.L.I.V.E.R.



Dear beloved brethren and sisters,

Okay, not my best greeting, but give me some slack. I've been out for almost 5 months! And I am headed down that dreaded "awkward missionary" path that everyone tries to resist, but you just can't help it. It just happens. Sorry. So this past week has been pretty interesting. Christmas was so great. Well, it was great to be able to talk to my family. I miss them so much. But I know being out here serving the Lord is what is best for all of us right now! It didn't really feel like Christmas since I wasn't in my P.J.'s all day, hangin't out with the fam, teasing my little brother, texting my friends, and all that jazz that normally happens on a fun-filled Larsen Family Christmas. But it was still a great Christmas! We got to see the N.'s and have breakfast with them.  We also saw R., Sister B., and had dinner with the M.'s. It was pretty great.  All of our investigators have been super busy with the holidays so we haven't had much luck with teaching anyone or finding any new investigators really, but that's okay because our Branch needs us right now! Lots of people are getting sick so we have been trying to focus on them. Sister Holm even got the flu on Sunday and we stayed in all day. But it was a nice little break, for me anyways since I wasn't the one that was sick. I am just so grateful to be out here serving a mission right now. I know for a fact that Heavenly Father would not have me be anywhere else right now and that if I continue to diligently serve Him and give my all, He will bless me and my family. Thank you all so much for all of your love and support. Happy New Year!!(:

Love, Sister Brittany Anne Larsen(:



-Sister Holm got me a giant chocolate santa for christmas. I got her some reindeer socks. you can't be too creative with what you get your companion if you are still going to obey the sight and sound rule...


-Sister S. gave sister Holm and I little indian dolls for Christmas and I got a llama finger puppet from my mom, so of course i had some fun with that

-ice!!

-Grandma E. (Dinner at the M.'s)

-Ain't nobody got time for that shirt that Aunty Head sent me(: thanks. I love it. Oh and we've started to go running in the mornings. everyone should be proud.

-We got our hair did on P-day. good times.

 
-We went and saw Grandma P. in the hospital (our Branch President's mother-in-law). She is doing much better! We love her tons! She is like our adopted grandma out here(: we love her and is glad she is doing better!(:

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Britt Britt hard to Believe you are 20 but I guess it was inevitable. You are a great kid enjoy YOUR day

    ReplyDelete