Friday, December 27, 2013

Life in the Great White North





-Great Grandma Fernie sent me some Christmas money so I bought myself a true Canadian hat. Sister Holm's grandma did as well. Thanks Grandmas!!

Dear Fam Bam,
Well hellooooo there! Life this past week has been pretty dang hilarious. Sister Holm and I seem to have so many funny adventures and we just laugh the entire way through it all. God has an awesome sense of humour and we are glad to be able to see that humour through our lives.

Tuesday we went to the Chiropractor for my back. It was pretty different than what I'm used to, but it seems to be working, so we'll keep going! We had an awesome correlation meeting with the Whitesells as usual so that was fun. We stayed in Penticton that night with the Penticton sisters so we could catch our bus to Langley the next day.

Wednesday we were scheduled to leave on the Greyhound at around 3 pm from Kelowna, about an hour and a half drive from Penticton. The bus didn't end up leaving til about 4:30, but at least we made it on. While we were in Kelowna though we were able to go and see Sister Holm's Great Aunt Cathryn. It was super neat and she is a very sweet lady. We also went to the nearby mall and saw her boyfriend, Robin, play the piano. It was a super great day. We got to stay with the Aldergrove Sisters (I got to see my mother, Sister Parkinson, my wonderful trainer). It was a blast.

Thursday was Transfer Meeting. It was so great to see so many missionaries there. It always lifts my spirits and Sister Holm was happy to see all of her MTC district there as well...My little baby's growin' up!! Sister Holm really is the best though. We also got to haul around all of our Christmas packages from home! It was awesome. Fitting all those packages in the car was difficult, but it's why I have the high score in Tetris back at home(;  There was a lot of traffic on the way back from transfer meeting though so while we were sitting there, sister Holm handed out pass along cards to the people walking by. It was classic. I trained her well!! (I hope).

Friday we were back on the bus to Kelowna bright and early. Once we got there, we were about to start driving back to Oliver but we got a phone call from the Sister Training Leaders saying the roads were too bad to drive on (it snowed a ton), so we had to stay the night in Kelowna. We were less than thrilled, to say the least. But one good thing came out of it...we had ARBY'S for dinner!!! woohoo! The reason this is such a big deal is because there are only four of the in all of BC and there was one in Kelowna. So we were pretty stoked. It was delicious.

Saturday we finally drove back to Oliver to find new mattresses waiting for us in our apartment! We almost cried we were so happy. It felt so good to throw those old mattresses out and now Sister Holm and I sleep like rocks. It's the best. We had a super awesome lesson that night with one of our investigators named L. She has a TON of questions, but we know God will testify to her heart and let her know this gospel is true as she continues to learn more.

Sunday was great! I got to sing in church (it's been a while since I've done that). I loved it because I really do miss singing. It was fun times though. We also had a great lesson with S. and the F.'s and they fed us some delicious dinner as usual.

Yesterday's P-day was the best. Sister Holm wrote all about it on her blog http://sisterholmgirl.blogspot.com/  It was pretty funny. We also had dinner with the Simpson's and some of Sister Simpson's family. It was super interesting! Haha just a classic family Christmas dinner basically.

Anyways, I love you guys!! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!(:

Love, Sister Brittany Larsen(:


 
-Great Aunt Cathryn's gorgeous view

-sleepin' beauty, sayin' her mornin' prayer.


-beautiful sunrise in Aldergrove, headed to transfer meeting

-all our packages... (they had to take them back to everyone in their area)

-we fit them all!! my father should be proud. taught me all the packing skills I know.

-Wendy's across from Arby's...notice the apostrophe.

She didn't send a caption for this one.... I'm guessing-- a snowman that they made.

No comments:

Post a Comment