Tuesday, March 18, 2014

New Adventures on the Horizon!(:



Well everyone, the time has come for me to finally leave Osoyoos. I'm actually super heart-broken over it, but I know that it is the right thing right now. Trust God and all things shall work together for your good, right? I am going to some place called Maple Ridge down in the lower mainland with a Sister Stewart. Sister Holm is staying here with a Sister Bowman. Life will be interesting! I'll actually get to email on Mondays now and that will be weird...I am just kind of sad to leave my little Island of Misfit toys. I have become so close to my little branch of 30 members and I will always call this place home. But, like I said, trust in God!! So this last week was really hard. I really just had a hard time with just about everything, and I'm kind of grateful though that God gave me a super hard week for my last week here because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to look back on all of the absolutely incredible times I have had in this lovely little area. Honestly truly, this week was rough. Sister Holm got me through so much and I am so grateful to have had the chance to train her! I have definitely learned a lot more from her than she has from me over the past 3 transfers, but we will hang out all the time when we get home seeing as we only like half an hour away from each other, so that makes me feel a little bit better. Anyways, on the drive here today we were listening to this song called "Mountains to Climb" and it is super uplifting. It just so happened to come on as we were driving up a super steep hill that we always do to get to Osoyoos, and I realized that only when we get to the top of the mountain do we have the most beautiful view. Only when we get through the trials and keep climbing do we see ourselves, the world, and God in a totally different, more refined, perspective. A more eternal perspective. I am so grateful for trials, because without them, who are we? Without trials, we cannot become who God really knows we can become. I'm not going to lie, I have had a fairly easy life so far. Not perfect, by any means, but nothing too hard to deal with. I've had ups and downs and heart breaks and happy times and ugly times and silly times, just like everyone does, but for the most part, a pretty sheltered, not-too-many-trials-life. And then I came on my mission. People. No one really knows what hard times are until you come on a mission. We get to experience just a taste of what it was like for the Savior when He was here. And it is really hard. But there is absolutely nothing more rewarding than being here, knowing you are worthy, serving God with all of your heart, might, mind, and strength. One of the best talks ever that really hits on this is "Missionary Work and the Atonement" by elder Jeffrey R. Holland. So good. Anyways, I am sad to leave my first area. 7 and a half months just came and went in the blink of an eye, but I am so thankful for the time I have had here and I can't wait to see what miracles lie ahead in Maple Ridge!(:

Love, Sister Brittany Larsen(:
-We will be best friends forever!! Love you Sister Holm!(:
-our little town of Oliver(:

-Our little town again(:
-we did some service this past week and found a farming tool that looks similar to a sickle, so obviously we had to take a picture with it.










No comments:

Post a Comment