Monday, April 7, 2014

"God knows things about us that we do not even know ourselves." -Elder Michael John U. Teh



So, Conference. Can we just all take a second and just bask in the spirit of how incredible General Conference was this past weekend? Seriously. I cannot even tell you how much spiritual revelation and new insights I received, not just for my mission, but for the rest of my life! The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is real, people! I promise you. This quote from Elder Teh was one that really hit me hard this past weekend. He is so right. God knows us so much better than we know ourselves, so we need to trust Him implicitly! Another talk that hit me hard was Elder D. Todd Christofferson's. Endings are so hard in life. I've never thought about why though. And when he said that because our Spirit's are eternal beings, it just made so much sense to me! Endings are so hard for us because our Spirit KNOWS that we are eternal and that there is more to life than just this earth! I also loved Elder Uchtdorf's about being grateful IN our circumstances, not being grateful FOR things. And being grateful all the time, even when times are hard. So you know how for General Conference you should really think about some questions you have before conference so they can be answered through the spirit of the talks given by the speakers? So I will tell you one of my questions, and you can judge me, I don't even care, but I just feel like sharing it. One of my questions was "is it worth it?" meaning my mission. The first session, the first talk given, by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, he answered it in a complete sentence. He said "and yes! it IS worth it!" talking about defending our faith, not just as missionaries, but as members as well. I am so grateful to be a member of this wonderful restored gospel of Jesus Christ and I know that He lives and will come again. I love you all so much and hope you have an absolutely amazing week(:

Love, Sister Brittany Anne Larsen(:

No comments:

Post a Comment