Wednesday, May 7, 2014

We cannot know true joy without the trials God gives us.



Okay people, okay. I know it has been forever and a day since I have graced you all with one of my long, glorious emails. So buckle up. I mean, it's really not a big long dramatic story, but it built my testimony and I think that's all God was really trying to do.

So once upon a time, God gave me a trial, just like He gives everyone trials. This trial was different and something I had never known before. He brought me to my knees so many times until I finally learned to rely on Him. I hit rock bottom to find out that He was my rock. The anchor of my soul. The foundation of what I will build my life on. I have never felt more depressed, more lonely, or useless in my entire life. I wanted to come home. I was close to coming home. Then right when I was ready to give up, the sun came out. God's hand is always outstretched towards us, we just have to reach out and take it. He will never force us to do anything, He waits for us to ask for His help, and even when it doesn't feel like He is answering, He is. And what a glorious day it is when we finally recognize His answers.

So, I got a blessing from President, and interview with him, took a deep breath, and actually smiled again. I am half way. I feel a renewed sense of purpose. I actually dread the day I come home, because everyone says that back home is "the real world" but it's not. THIS, missionary work, is the the real world. This is what eternity will be like. This is where salvation begins. In the eternities, we won't have to worry about school or bills or being late for work or what the coolest new movie is. We will be focused on our families, serving others, and feeling true joy, which does not come from the world, it comes from God! When we all figure that out, that's the day we will all be excited to enter the Celestial Kingdom and leave all our worldly things behind. I don't really care about the newest song on iTunes anymore like I used to. I don't miss the movies back at home that are coming out while I'm gone. I miss my family, but not enough to leave my mission earlier than when the Lord has told me I've completed my mission. So I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that I. LOVE. MY MISSION. And nothing will ever change that. Ever. So, in the words of the beloved Apostle, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, "keep trying, keep believing, be happy, and believe in good things to come." I love everyone.

Love always, Sister Brittany Anne Larsen
Canada Vancouver Mission
Best Mission on Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment