Monday, May 12, 2014

Fully Dedicated to the Lord



Hello my wonderfully beautiful people(: This week has been A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Don't ask me the details of why. It just has been. Over the last few weeks I have come to know myself and my Savior better than I ever have before in my entire life. I know for a fact that if I did not serve this mission that I'm on right now, I would not be able to accomplish the things that God needs me to do in the future. It has taught me soo much about exact obedience to the Lord, priesthood leaders, and the guidelines given to us as missionaries! I've learned so much about loving EVERYONE and working hard. Charity is a hard thing to have, but when you pray for it, the Lord helps you! I love my mission. That's all there is to it. I've been out for over 9 months now and it is so bizarre but I love that I've been truly converted to the Lord, the gospel, and to my mission! I know that I can make it and I know that Heavenly Father has so many more miracles in store for me the rest of my mission with helping souls come unto Christ. I was reading yesterday in Alma 15 and in verse 16 it talks about Amulek and how he gave up literally everything for the gospel. "And it came to pass the Alma and Amulek, Amulek having forsaken all his gold, and silver, and his precious things, which were in the land of Ammonihah, for the word of God, he being rejected by those who were once his friends and also by his father and his kindred." Amulek was totally abandoned by his family and friends and gave up all the things of the world just so he could know the word of God and be truly converted! and although i haven't been rejected by my family and friends, I've left them all for a short time and left all the things of the world behind so that not only can I know the word of God better, but so I can help others know it too and help them see the blessings that come from living the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Nothing brings greater peace or joy in this life than from being exactly obedient to the Lord's commandments and from following the counsel of the prophet. God lives and loves us! Have a wonderful week everyone and don't forget to count your many blessings and be grateful IN your circumstances like President Uchtdorf has instructed us to do(: love you all.
xoxo
love always, sister brittany anne larsen(:

No comments:

Post a Comment