Monday, December 8, 2014

I Choose Happiness.



What a blessed week full of miracles and laughter and love. The Christmas Season is definitely here. We have already made it a White Christmas because C. GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!!!! okay, so here's the story. Sister Training Leaders text us Friday night with a text saying that C. might be getting baptized this weekend. They call us the next morning telling us that the Assistants called them to tell them that President Burt felt good about C. getting baptized sometime this weekend. So we organized a baptism in 5 hours and saw C. on Saturday afternoon to let him know of the good news. We go over with our awesome member Maddy, and we say a prayer then ask C. how he would feel about getting baptized the next day. His response: "well it's about time!" love it. LOVE it. What a champ he is. Pat Smith baptized him (he's awesome) and C. came up out of the water with the biggest smile on his face and said "cheers." He is incredible. The Spirit just filled that room at his baptism and everything was able to happen in just the right timing. We literally spent 9 hours at the church yesterday, but that's okay, because another one of God's children has come back into the fold(: I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. How lucky we are to have it in our lives. I am so thankful for the Restoration of priesthood keys and the power to seal families together for eternity. I am so thankful for my wonderful family. I wouldn't be on my mission if it wasn't for them and their powerful testimonies of this gospel. They are such a light and strength and example to me. I'm grateful God has watched over them for this short time I've been gone and I know I can only see a small portion of the blessings He has already given me and my family. I know that everyone can have a testimony for themselves if they are willing to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. It only draws us nearer to our Savior Jesus Christ and testifies of the Bible completely. I'm so thankful for this Christmas season that we have to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He truly did come into the world to save us from our sins and to perform that Atonement that we can all fully access by making and keeping our baptismal and temple covenants. He wants us all to return home to live with him and our Father in Heaven again. I love my Savior so much. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
I've just been thinking a lot about my testimony this week and wanted to share a little part of it(: in other news, sister Unwin always throws out Ghandi quotes that she's made up and makes everyone think deeply about their lives like, "I think it's inevitable to be sad; it's how you cope with it that matters." Something she said to Sister Gowans when she was being sad about going home. And then our trainee is awesome yet again when people are being rude at the door and they are about to slam it and she says "well, congratulations on having a faith." I love her with all my heart. Something else that's cool that I had never thought about before- because I'm an idiot, the way the gospel can and will be proclaimed to all the world is through technology! A member of our ward bore his testimony of this yesterday and I just thought it was so awesome. He's from China and there aren't missionaries there in most of the country, but he said that he knows that Heavenly Father isn't going to let the Second Coming happen until everyone has had at least somewhat of an evidence of the restored gospel. Just thought it was cool(: now everyone go share "He is the Gift" on facebook or twitter or instagram or something else cool that I don't know what it is because I've been on my mission for so long(: love you all(: the church is true.

love always, sister brittany anne larsen(:

-poor rudolph...

-we love carrots!

-melted snowman hahaha

-C.'s baptism(:





No comments:

Post a Comment