Tuesday, October 15, 2013

TWO NEW INVESTIGATORS!!!!!!

(So apparently this week Sister Larsen didn't have time to write a separate email for me to post.  So I just pulled some stuff out of the email that she sent to me.  She's loving it and doing great.  Thanks again for everyone's love and support.  I know she appreciates it a lot!! and so do we.)
 
 This past week sis. p. and I found TWO NEW INVESTIGATORS!!!!!! I seriously am so excited about it since we didn't find any our first 6 weeks together. The first is S. He has been a strong potential for awhile and lives across the street from our Branch President. He is seriously so ready to be baptized. Tuesday, (a week ago) we felt strongly impressed to go over and just see how he liked General Conference (he watched the Sunday last session with us at the chapel with some other members). We also felt strongly impressed to invite him to be baptized, which was so weird because we still hadn't had a proper lesson with him yet or even made him a new investigator at that point. We invited him to be baptized and he said "well, to be honest with you, I need to be so I can feel whole again." Sunday we saw him again and had a lesson with him and brought President and Sister Fields with us (our branch president and his wife). We taught him the Restoration and the Word of Wisdom. Sister P. and I had been  praying really hard about a date for him to be baptized and we strongly felt the 29th of October even though that is so soon! We invited him to be baptized on that day and he said yes!! He also said he had researched the Word of Wisdom on lds.org and had already started living it! Yesterday we had Thanksgiving dinner with the Fields and S. came and told us how excited he is to be baptized on the 29th! He really is so ready and Heavenly Father prepared him so much and I am so thankful for that!  
 
Last week we also found another new investigator, R. P. He is super ready to hear the gospel as well and we are excited to continue teaching him. We had a great lesson on the Restoration with him and he is excited to read it.

I made 7 layer bars yesterday to take to the Field's for dinner (it was Thanksgiving in Canada yesterday)...yeah, I made the crust too buttery and put too much sweetened condensed milk in. They were still yummy, but too gooey to look presentable to take to their house, so Sis. P. and I are sharing them with the other sister missionaries cuz let's be real, we don't care what it looks like, just how it tastes(:


No comments:

Post a Comment