Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"These things come in three's ya know..."



Dear Beloved People of my life,

First of all, I am running out of ways to say "dear everyone" in my emails home. So sorry if they start to get a little dry and boring. I take requests if any of you have any(: haha anyways, this last week has been absolutely wonderfully crazy and amazing!!

Tuesday we did some tracting but didn't have any luck. We did see a Less-Active though and she is so awesome. I also got to e-mail obviously as well so that was fun times, as usual(:

Wednesday we had Zone Meeting and learned all about the importance of being BOLD has a missionary! It really is so amazing, the message we have to share, and the power the comes with being bold when we share it! We also went on exchanges with the Kelowna YSA sisters and I was with Sister W. She is great and looks exactly like my second mom, Suzy! Haha it was fun times and we even found a new investigator! It was a great day!

Thursday was great. We had weekly planning after we exchanged back. Then we went over to a part member family's house for dinner and a lesson. It was probably the most intense lesson I have ever been in in my entire mission. It was so intense but the Spirit was also very strong. The husband (non-member) has a lot of questions but we told him that he just needs to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and he'll get his answer. It was good and Sister Holm and I felt that we did all we could with testifying and asking questions.

Friday was wonderful. We found another new investigator who's husband was a retired pastor. It was pretty great. We also had an awesome lesson with a LA (Less Active) about the Holy Ghost and the importance of coming to church. We are so grateful Sister S. was able to come with us to that lesson! What a powerful testimony she has!

Saturday was pretty dandy. No new investigators, but we did have dinner with this super awesome part-member family, the Ns, I think I have mentioned them before. They really are amazing. After dinner though I am walking past the table and, being the klutz I am, I stub my toe and trip very un-gracefully. Stubbing a toe is literally one of the worst feelings ever. Like, how can something so little hurt so badly? Anyways, also being the positive, smiley, cheery person I am, I just laughed and hobbled around the rest of the night. We got home and I still couldn't really walk, so we asked Sister S. (who lives above us and is also a nurse) if she could come and take a look at it to see if it was broken. She said it wasn't, but it was fractured most likely. So that was fun, but it's feeling lots better now.

Sunday was amazing. We spent about 3 hours on Saturday calling LA's, Former Investigators, and Potential Investigators as well to come to church the next day and also to invite them to our Christmas Pot Luck. We had 4 investigators come to sacrament and 6 less actives. Sister Holm and I were so thrilled and so happy that the Lord truly blessed us so much. Sunday night was also number two of the things that come in threes. First there was my toe, then comes this next story. So, for about 2 weeks now Sister Holm has been bugging me to have a sleepover in our front room, which is literally 2 feet away from our bedroom. So finally I said yes to it on Sunday night, plus our beds have been horrible. So, we set up our blankets and everything and I am sitting on the floor writing in my journal when I hear this giant crash in the bathroom. I just thought that Sister Holm was being normal and making a mess (haha jk, she is very clean) but then 3 seconds later I hear her yelling "OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH COME IN HERE COME IN HERE COME IN HERE!!!" So I drop my journal and run into the bathroom and sister Holm is standing there in her pj bottoms and her garment top (she was getting ready for bed) with a bloody finger running under water, making the whole sink pink. I just look at her and turn off the water, grab some toilet paper, wrap it around her finger, run and grab the phone, and call Sister S. to tell her to come down because Sister Holm has just cut her finger open. So she comes down and she thought we were going to have to take her to the hospital to get stitches but then she was able to tape it up, while joking to Sister Holm of course that she was going to have to cut her finger off lol Sister Holm didn't think it was very funny, but I did. I also had to push her against the wall so she wouldn't pass out and fall over. But it was all good and is healing fine. Oh, and the best part of it all is that she cut it on a picture of JOSEPH SMITH!!! Made us question our testimonies a little bit....lol not really, but oh, the irony.

Monday was a great P-Day. We had some awesome lessons and it was pretty awesome. Sister Holm couldn't get her finger wet so I had to wash her hair in the kitchen sink. Maybe I'll become a hair dresser one day..mmm...better not.

I love you all so much and hope you have an excellent week!!

love, Sister Brittany Anne Larsen(:



-K. gave me an orange so I gave her a peppermint patty!! the spirit of giving! lol

-Sister Holm and I got to play Wise Men in primary on Sunday!

-exchange with Sister W., Suzy's twin!

-beautiful sunset in Oliver!

-our cute little christmas tree(:

-Sister Holm's bloody finger.
-Sister Holm getting her hair did. #classic

No comments:

Post a Comment