Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Week of Crazy Lessons



So once upon a time, Sister Larsen and Sister Holm had a super weird week with a lot of weird lessons. One lesson was with this lady named I., and she invited us to sit on her stairs with us and have the lesson and so we did. And we had the first discussion. And it was very spiritual and then I. said she would never change religions. So there's that.

Then once upon a time we had another lesson with this really cute old German couple whose house was entirely pink. And was full of dressed up baby dolls. With kitten statues and white carpet and baby pink drapes everywhere. And the woman wore a beret and I told her I liked her hat. And their house creeped out Sister Holm because of all the little baby dolls. And the man said he liked pink so he didn't mind it.

Then once upon a time we had a lesson with this man whose name wasn't really Jaque but he went by Jaque because that's what all his friends called him because all of his friends are French.

Then this one time we met with this man who was a potential but we brought this super great couple from our Branch with us so we could meet with him. We spent an hour and half there and he tried to tell us there was no God. We said yes there is, and we left.

Then once upon a time we had the best lesson we could ever have with someone. We met with one of our eternal investigators named J. and he has a little dog named Annie and she is darling and they come to church together every Sunday. We had a very long lesson with him and our Branch Mission Leaders and we invited him to be baptized about a million times, then finally he looked at my calendar for the 22nd of February, and he signed my planner on that day. And then I cried because I was so happy because we have been working with J. forever and I have never been more grateful for the Spirit and the way it works in people's lives than I was right then. I am seriously so thankful that I was able to be a worthy instrument in the Lord's hands so that I can help another one of God's children come unto Him through the sacred ordinance of baptism.

I love all of you so much more than you'll ever even realize and I hope ya'll have a great week! Be good, stay happy, and always ALWAYS remember to smile & pray(:

Love, Sister Brittany Anne Larsen(:


P.S. When you send something, please make sure you put it like this:
Sister Brittany Larsen
C/O P.O. Box 1337
Oliver B.C. V0H 1T0
CANADA
 (Apparently the post office is getting picky and wants the C/O added before the PO Box)

-We helped Sister B. dye her hair this past week(: yay for service opportunities!!! so fun. we love her.

-Sister Holm bought me and her some "I love you" doughnuts from Tim Horton's (huge coffee/doughnut chain out here...like Starbucks) because we will be Valentine-less on Valentine's Day, but at least we'll have each other and the Savior(:



-Beautiful view of Oliver. This is our town. Don't mind me. It was -5 plus wind chill, so don't judge on how much I bundle up.
-J. signed my planner(:







No comments:

Post a Comment