Tuesday, February 11, 2014

One of those weeks where you blink and it's over



This week was absolutely crazy. We were told that we would be going to transfer meeting and then also staying for mission council the day after. So basically, we got on a bus Wednesday afternoon and got into Vancouver that night and stayed with the Surrey North Sisters. Then we went to transfer meeting the next day and that was a lot of fun. I love being around all the other missionaries that are in the greatest mission on earth(: we were still able to go finding that night (which I LOVE!! seriously, consecrated finding time literally is the best thing ever) and we found 2 new investigators for the Port Moody Sisters! it was awesome(: that was who we stayed with Thursday night. Sister Biggs is now serving there and she was one of the first sisters to ever serve in my first (and so far only) area, Osoyoos!! So that was pretty fun to be able to talk to her about our little branch we love so much(: then the next day we went to mission council, which normally only the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders ever get to attend, but since we were staying there for the day President Tilleman was super kind and invited us to be there. Oh my goodness was the Spirit ever so strong! I want to be there for the rest of my mission! The leaders of this mission are inspired! And President Tilleman is so amazing as well and I am so grateful to have such an inpsired, humble, obedient mission president. He truly is amazing! Anyways, Sister Holm and I were both able to have interviews with him after mission council. I have learned so much from him and so much in my time being out on a mission. I hit my 6 month mark on Friday and that was just so weird to me that I only have a year left and I want to give absolutely EVERYTHING  to the Lord while I am out here for such a short amount of time. Anyways, that night we stayed with the Richmond Chinese Sisters. Sadly I didn't get to stay with Sister Dahl (one of my MTC, pre-mish, friends who is in this mission speaking Chinese) but the sisters there were great and even taught us a little chinese(: "Ni hao! Wo men shi chian jiao shi. Lai jie mei & Ho jie mei" Translation: Hello! We are missionaries. Sister Larsen & Sister Holm" haha very rough, and I probably butchered it, but oh well. Well, Saturday we got up at 4 AM and took the bus back to Penticton, and guess who got to carry the vacuum tube (we got a new vacuum at transfers) the whole ride there? That's right. This Sister Missionary. So basically I looked like a crazy person, but that's okay, because after we got off the bus, I made Sister Holm put the backpack on and we tried to shove part of the tube in the backpack, but then she looked like a Ghostbuster while we were waiting for the Whitesells to come pick us up, so that was all very fun and there was no one around even to give us crazy looks, so I was grateful for that. Sunday was interesting. J. is very very sick right now. But he still wants to get baptized so badly. His interview is on Saturday so please pray for him so he will get better and can have his interview so he can get baptized!! No one can fully access the Atonement without first being baptized by the proper authority. I am so thankful we have the gospel on earth today and it is our job as members to share it with everyone! I love you all so much and hope you have the best week ever(: Stay happy and always smile!

Love, Sister Brittany Anne Larsen(:




-We ate lunch at the super sketchy bus station cafe. It was self-serve. And it wasn't too great. But luckily it was cheap(: haha

-Who ya gonna call?

No comments:

Post a Comment