Thursday, February 27, 2014

"The fact that you devote 18 months/2 years of your life to someone you cannot touch...that's a sincere love"



This past week has been fairly uneventful, minus the fact that J. GOT BAPTIZED!!!!! woot woot. Another soul back on the track to return to live with God again. No better feeling than helping someone with that endeavor(: so the quote above is something that J. said last week before he got baptized and it really stuck with me. It really is so amazing that people choose to serve missions. I'm not saying that to toot my own horn (as my lovely grandma Rosie would say), but I'm saying it because that really is the only reason why we do decide to serve missions. Love for our Heavenly Father. Because coming out on a mission isn't always smiles and sunshine and rainbows like I expected it would be before I came out. Missionary work is just that. Work. And it's hard." work. But it's a work that is so worth it that you just want to give your all 100% of the time because the time you have to devote to the Lord is so short. Even people that don't serve missions love the Lord. The fact that anyone is willing to stand up for what is right shows the Lord how much they love Him, even though we cannot see Him, for "we walk by faith, not by sight." That has definitely been a recurring theme in this past week for me. Walking by faith and not by sight. Heavenly Father loves us so much that He tests us and tries us with all these little things to see if we are still willing to follow Him even if we can't always see the end result. So when times get hard, just remember, we walk by faith and not by sight!!! Also, shout out to both of my amazing parents and their new callings(: I am ever so proud of them and I am so grateful to be out here in Canada serving the Lord while they are building up the ward/stake they live in back at home! So keep up the good work everyone(:
So basically J.'s baptism was the coolest thing ever. President Tilleman told Sister Holm and I that we could sit on the edge of the font with Annie (J.'s little dog) while J. got baptized if we were dressed in all white and Annie had a white bandana on. So needless to say it was one of the cooler things I've done on my mission(: J. was seriously so happy too. It was amazing to see the joy that just radiated from him as he came out of the water(: he once told us "I'll be the strangest Mormon you've ever dipped" but he's not much stranger than me and Sister Holm, so we all accept him and love him, because the Lord loves us all(:
Aaaaanyways, I love and miss you all so much(: have a wonderful week! Oh, and guess what? Elder D. Todd Christofferson is coming to our mission on Saturday so that is super exciting and I can't wait to meet and apostle of the Lord!! Love you all tons(:

Love, Sister Brittany Anne Larsen(:

-cheesin' it up at Jim' baptism

-literally so excited!!!(:

-sitting on the edge of the font with Annie(:




No comments:

Post a Comment