Monday, September 15, 2014

Just call me Sister No-Mail



HI! So that title is not supposed to make anyone feel bad. well, maybe a little because i didn't even have any letters from the mission office, but it's fine. see ya'll in 5 months anyways. but seriously, all my mail that is getting sent to sooke is getting lost, so just send it to the mission office:
8440 Williams Road
Richmond, B.C. v7a 1g6
Aaaanyways, what an eventful week! So can i just say how much i LOVE victoria? seriously, it is the best place ever. i went on exchanges there this past week. YOU NEVER RUN OUT OF PEOPLE TO TALK TO. it's awesome. We met this woman named Lily who we talked to for like half an hour who said she usually takes the bus but decided to walk that night. what?! miracle. i sat on the ground with this guy and tried to share the Plan of Salvation with him because he was just hatin' on the world. too bad he wouldn't listen. But this is the best one. There was this Chinese man that we met towards the end of the night, his name was Yong. He didn't speak a lot of English, but I was able to bear a simple testimony in Chinese to him of what sister Han has taught me how to say. "I know I am a child of God. I know the Book of Mormon is true." We asked if we could pray with him, even though he didn't understand everything we were saying, his English was still pretty good. When we said amen, he looked up and said "i felt something!" and pointed to his head and shoulders. We told him that it was the Spirit! And we got his phone number and address and passed him off to the Victoria Chinese Elders! So I am really hoping that things go well with him. And I love it when people recognize that there is something different about the message that we share. It was absolutely incredible.
This work really is God's work. I know it with all my heart.(:
xoxo
love always, Sister Brittany Larsen(:

-favorite people ever. seriously, ever. shout out to the Smith Family!!!

-flower?

-don't mind if i do. this guy gave us some flowers to eat from his garden haha it was actually really delicious.

-beautiful East Sooke(:






No comments:

Post a Comment