Monday, September 8, 2014

"What would the Lord want me to say?"



HI GUYS!!!
So I guess you could say this week was pretty good. Our investigator friend H. came to church yesterday!!!! woot woot! Transfers happened (I'm staying in Sooke with Sister Han), we talked to lots of people, and lots of people told me to "go away, you're annoying." SO i guess I must be doing SOMETHING right with trying to make sure EVERYONE gets home to our Heavenly Father again. Sorry if I get a little over-excited about it sometimes. It's only THE WORK OF SALVATION that we're doing. Whatever. #hatersgonnahate
So on Saturday Elder Daniel L. Johnson from the Quorum of the 70 came to our Zone Conference. It was so great! So spiritual and I learned so much about what I can do better as a missionary and how to work with our members more effectively. I am always so humbled when we get to be in those meetings because the Spirit always teaches me so much on what I need to work on, but it is in such a spirit of love that you just take it and run with it. It's basically awesome.
So, the title of this email is what I've been trying to emulate as I've gone about my week. It happened especially in sacrament yesterday. Sitting there thinking of what I wanted to bear my testimony on, and so it came to me during the passing of the sacrament that I should share my testimony on trials. And so i made the long walk up there (plus we were sitting in the middle of the benches, so that's awkward scootching past everyone), and shared my testimony. There have been a few instances on my mission when I have an almost out-of-body experience because I am standing there saying something, either in sacrament or to a person at the door or on the street, and I hear the words coming out of my mouth like it's not me. It is super bizarre but I love it so much. And every time that happens I just recognize how much the Lord really does fill our mouths with the Spirit when we are trying to help His children.  I love this work so much and I will never stop being a missionary.(: love you all.

xoxo
sister brittany anne larsen


-me and sister Han and E. (a recent-convert)
-pretty moon last night



No comments:

Post a Comment