Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Peace, Be Still



A little while ago I went on exchanges with one of the most amazing sisters! her name is Sister Johnson. We were talking about the different emotions everyone feels and how there is one emotion that people generally feel the most. Hers was happiness. I thought that might have been mine too, but on thinking about it about more, I recognized that the feeling that I feel the most, is peace. I love peace. It always makes me think of soo many scriptures in the New Testament when Jesus Christ calms a storm, or like when He was walking on water and only when Peter looked towards Jesus Christ, and not at the storm raging around him, was he able to walk towards the Savior amidst the storm.
This is what Heavenly Father was trying to teach me this past week. How to feel peace amidst the storm. We were struggling badly. We hadn't come close to meeting our goals for the day and so we weren't on track to meet them for the week. I was losing faith quickly, so we started doing worse. Then the Sister Training Leaders came in and then I found the peace God was trying to show me all along. When we put our faith and our trust in Him COMPLETELY (meaning 100%, if not more), then that's when we are able to have that calm assurance that everything is going to work out the was God needs it to. We weren't able to meet all of our goals for last week, but we at least were able to meet the standards of excellence. So i'm grateful for that.
We also had a Canada-wide stake conference this weekend. It was broadcast from Salt Lake and it was so amazing! Elder Perkins from the 70 spoke, as well as Sister Linda K. Burton, Elder Holland, and President Eyring. All of their talks were so powerful and I was so thankful to be called a Canadian even for this short time as I sat and watched them speak on Sunday. Elder Holland's talk stuck out the most to me. He talked about how too many Latter-Day Saints are worried or concerned or stressed. He talked about how the Savior has given us a commandment to feel peace when he said "peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you." It is a commandment to feel peace! And how grateful I am for that commandment. What a blessing the Savior's Atonement is. He knows EXACTLY how to help us, as children of the Almighty God, because He went through EXACTLY what each of us will go through, individually, in this life. The Holy Ghost could have just simply told him what everything would have been like for us, but He chose the route that would enable Him to say to us, "don't worry, I know exactly how you feel." And how grateful I am for that. Jesus Christ knows us. He knows what each of us are going through individually, and if we will but turn to Him and give everything over to him, we will feel the peace and love that comes from His atoning sacrifice.
Anyways, I love you all so much! And i hope you have the best week ever(:
xoxo
love always, sister brittany anne larsen(:

No comments:

Post a Comment