Monday, June 30, 2014

"Be not afraid, only believe."



Hello all of my beautiful people that I know and love. I hope you are all having a GLORIOUS week so far! Mondays rock. No one can say otherwise.
This past week has been crazy! We were so busy and Heavenly Father blessed us so much! So here are just a few of the miracles we saw.
1. I was in dire need of a haircut last week so we went to this place that we pass all the time when we go street contacting and this lady that cut my hair was just about the cutest thing you've ever met. Her name is Wida and she was from Iran. She told us how she thought it was so cool how we were going and talking with people about Jesus Christ for 18 months. And she just kept saying "such a young people!!" it was so cute and I sooooo wish we could have made her a new investigator. but she said she might come to church one day and now we have made a new friend(: so that was great.
2. We were able to have a super awesome Plan of Salvation lesson with M.! She just is so prepared and so wonderful. The only thing left is to get her to come to church! It was the best plan of salvation lesson I've had since being on my mission though. Man! Do my companions know how to bring the spirit or what?! They are the best! And i love being in a tri. #GoDreamTeamGo
3. Yesterday we were trying to figure out a place to go finding because the original place we had decided on we had recently done and so we were driving and found a place that we felt very strongly about. We got out and started tracting. 2 hours later and we had 3 new solid investigators! it was so miraculous and God does not cease to amaze.
Some other funny things that happened this week were that we got invited to join the Catholic church by this super confrontational lady. we politely declined and invited her to baptism. she rudely declined. then one of our member's granddaughters, (sister P.'s granddaughter H.) kept coming over to me during our lesson and kept touching my face and telling me that I had a beautiful chin...so random haha Then some lady asked us later in the week, "Are you Normon?" instead of "Mormon" haha we said "yes, we're MORMON." (:
A talk that's been on my mind a lot lately is the talk by Elder Holland "Lord, I believe." It's such an amazing talk and the story is in Mark 9:17-29. Such an amazing story. The way Elder Holland speaks is just so powerful. What an incredible Apostle of the Lord, Jesus Christ. I love that he says that we need to lead with what we DO know, rather than what we DO NOT know. Otherwise, it's like trying to stuff a turkey through the beak! We need to recognize what we have faith in first, and then lean on the testimony of others until we gain one for ourselves with the things that we are struggling with. And don't forget to pray for help from God to help you receive answers to the questions you are having a hard time with. If there is one thing that has been shown to me time and time again on my mission, it's that GOD DOES ANSWER PRAYERS!! And no one can ever tell me anything different. He is there. He is real. He is aware of EACH OF US so individually that we can scarce wrap our heads around it at times. But He does know us. He does love us. And He will NEVER leave us alone, especially amidst trials!
I love you all more than you know! Have a joyous week and find someone to share this good news of the gospel with(:
love always, sister brittany larsen(:

No comments:

Post a Comment