Monday, July 14, 2014

"Being worthy does not require perfection." -Becoming Perfect in Christ, Elder Gerrit W. Wong



So, first things first....
A**** GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!!!!!(:
So there was that. It was so amazing and such a spiritual experience for everyone who was there. It just amazes me how much God really does prepare these people. A**** looked beautiful in all white and I love that she made the decision to receive her first saving ordinance of baptism(: M****** gets baptized on Saturday so keep praying for her as well!!(:
Another cool thing, I held a black chicken named Jellybean on my lap during a lesson when we went on exchanges this past week.
We were tracting and WE SAW A BEAR!!! scariest thing of my life. granted, we were tractin' up in the boons, but seriously, we were talking to this guy at the door and he was like, "oh look, there's a bear. be careful" and we turn around and across the street in the neighbors yard there was a bear!!! a little black bear, but that scared me even more because where there's a cub, there's a mama. so we didn't let it phase us, we kept tracting but we kept a close eye out. don't worry mom and dad, i was "watching my back" (: Then that same guy we were talking to told us he didn't believe in God and then there was a mosiquoto on my leg so i swatted it off and the guy looked at me and said "did you just kill that?" and i said "uhh.. yeah?" and he said "that was one of God's creatures. and you just took it's life." but he told us that HE DIDN'T BELIEVE IN GOD LIKE TWO SECONDS EARLIER. so that was a really bizarre conversation.
Okay, so back to the serious stuff. I had a breakdown on Thursday. but it wasn't even for myself! It was because I was so sad for everyone that had rejected the gospel that day. I was sad because they kept rejecting the one thing that can make them truly happy in this life and in eternity. and i just got sad. so i cried. and cried. and then i realized that satan had taken the charity I had and made it into discouragment and hopelessness for others souls! so then i stopped being sad, said a prayer, and now I'm fine! thank goodness for spiritual revelation! The Atonement is real. and people truly can be saved by coming unto Christ.
I love you all so much(: have a wonderful week and live the gospel to the fullest!(:

love always, Sister Brittany Larsen(:

No comments:

Post a Comment