Saturday, July 12, 2014

Happy Belated Canada Day!



I always forget to say "happy whatever" BEFORE the actual holiday on my mission. so sorry about that. Anywho, it's been another AWESOME week here in Maple Ridge. The people here are so prepared! Well, the ones that will actually listen to us are! But even the ones that don't necessarily want to hear it are usually kind. except for yesterday. we were finding and like the 3rd house we go to was this super rude man that was just being really sarcastic and totally taking the Spirit away. so obviously we left but i was not having it yesterday. i had zero charity in that moment and honestly, all i wanted to do was go back and tell that guy how mean he was and then stick my tongue out at him and walk away. but obviously i can't do that as a missionary and it would not be a very Christ-like thing to do. so i didn't. but i chose to let it bug me. and after about 5 minutes I (and neither of my companions for that matter) couldn't stand it anymore so we stopped and said a prayer. the power of prayer is so real!! instantly the Spirit came back and we found a new investigator almost instantly after that. it was so amazing. i love my companions so much and am so grateful for the wonderful example they set for me in true Christ-like discipleship! Yesterday was a really good day. despite the fact that i tripped ON A WOODCHIP and biffed it hardcore. seriously. my knee is super scraped up but i'm okay(: haha just glad no one else saw it besides my companions...hopefully. Finding on Canada Day was super successful too! we were able to find a family to teach! which i am really hoping works out! lots of prayers for them please(: we also found this SUPER solid investigator last night at like 8:45 so that was a miracle! it was just a really amazing week overall. I am gaining SUCH  strong testimony of The Book of Mormon. I bore my testimony in sacrament yesterday on the power of it because I have just been so overcome with emotion everytime I testify to others about it. It truly is the keystone of our religion and we should make it the keystone of our lives! Once you've gained that divine witness for yourself, it is something that can NEVER be taken away from you. no matter the adversity that comes, the trials that try to tear you down, or the people that say it's just a bunch of nonsense. NOTHING in this world will be able to penetrate your testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ because you know for yourself that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.
I love you all so much(: have a QGC with someone today(: (Quality Gospel Conversation)
love always, Sister Brittany Larsen(:



"[There are] those who have struggled and yet who have remained steadfast and of good cheer. The reason? They have made the gospel of Jesus Christ the center of their lives. This is what will pull us through whatever comes our way. We will still experience difficult challenges, but we will be able to face them, to meet them head-on, and emerge victorious."
-President Thomas S. Monson, I Will Not Fail Thee Nor Forsake Thee, General Conference October 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment