Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A week of miracles



Well, this past week didn't start off too hot. On Monday when we went finding we were doing this street that was a bit more of a hike rather than a walk. It was fairly steep, but nothing I didn't think I could handle. After all, I'd survived worse places to tract on my mission. So I figure I'll be smart and drive to the top of the hill and then we can tract down one side and then walk back up, that way we'd only have to walk up the hill one time. WELL, IT TURNS OUT THAT WALKING DOWNHILL IS MORE HAZARDOUS THAN WALKING UPHILL. We are almost to the bottom of the hill (like literally 2 houses away from the bottom) when I step on a rock and lose my balance and start flying down the hill trying to catch myself (sister Han said I looked like a bird) and fly like a good 10-15 feet before i finally hit the ground HARD. Book of Mormon in my hand went flying, I'm full-on lying on the ground trying to make sure I didn't break anything while laughing my head off because of what just happened. Sister Han is trying to make sure that I'm doing okay because I'm just sitting there laughing, brushing off all the rocks and dirt off my skirt. I really thought I dislocated my knee cap, but we went home, cleaned it up, and I just had to ice my knee for the night. It was pretty ridiculous and the bruise is still there. That was about the most exciting thing that happened during the week.
On Tuesday we FINALLY FOUND A NEW INVESTIGATOR!!! It's only taken us all transfer long, but it finally happened. His name is R. and he is so solid. Super stoked to keep teaching him(:
Friday was definitely one of the highlights of my mission. We were able to go to the Provincial Wide Girls Encampment for the Young Women all over BC! It was such a spiritual experience. Each set of sisters was assigned a group of young women, then they got to ask us questions. It was so neat and the spirit was so strong. In a world where we get "no no no no no no no no no no no no no no" all the time, it was so neat to be able to have these young girls ask us questions about what missionary life is like and why we decided to serve and what advice we had for them. Such a sacred experience. 2 of my recent converts were even in my group(: Amber and Marissa!!! It was so great to be able to see them again(: what amazing young women!
Friday night was exciting as well because the Abby YSA sisters got to stay with us, sister Rogers (who formerly served in Sooke), Sister Hobbs (one of my past sister training leaders. love her) and Sister Johnson (one of my favorite sisters of all time). It was basically a party. and we rapped the night away. about missionary life. haven't laughed that hard in months!
I love serving as a missionary. there is no greater calling. there is nowhere else I'd rather be(: I love you all!
xoxo
love always, sister brittany anne larsen



-the devil hill

-my left knee. look at how swollen that thing is!

-went to the beach for lunch on wednesday. found some cool shells and glass there(:

-sister hobbs(:

-rachel, amber, me, and marissa!!<3


No comments:

Post a Comment