Monday, January 19, 2015

Aaaaalrighty my friends



Okay so this week has gone by super fast and i can't even tell you half of what happened because i honestly don't remember. ugh. missionary brain. but it was a good week! our 3 baptismal dates came to church yesterday and that was a huge miracle because we had to find rides to church for 7 people!! so crazy. but awesome(: i just love my companion so much. she just lights up my missionary work and i am so grateful for her! shout out to sister unwin! I've been just pondering a lot lately about a lot of different things, but mostly the word "pure" and what it means to be a "pure" disciple of Jesus Christ. or to have "pure" charity or love for someone. My favorite hymn of all time is More Holiness Give Me:

 More holiness give me,
More strivings within,
More patience in suff'ring,
More sorrow for sin,
More faith in my Savior,
More sense of his care,
More joy in his service,
More purpose in prayer.
 More gratitude give me,
More trust in the Lord,
More pride in his glory,
More hope in his word,
More tears for his sorrows,
More pain at his grief,
More meekness in trial,
More praise for relief.
 More purity give me,
More strength to o'ercome,
More freedom from earth-stains,
More longing for home.
More fit for the kingdom,
More used would I be,
More blessed and holy--
More, Savior, like thee.

This is something I've been striving to live by for the past few weeks and it has made such a huge difference in my missionary work and within myself as well. We had a training yesterday in Ward Council and we were talking about seeking the Kingdom of God first in our lives, then the people we minister to will want to do the same, and that is so true! If we are putting God first in our lives, everything else will fall into place. I have such a testimony that when we do the little things, but the most important things, meaning daily person and family prayer, scripture study, weekly Family Home Evening, and regular temple attendance, our lives just become peaceful amidst all the busyness of our lives. I know my Savior lives! I love him and I love you all so much!(:
love always, sister brittany anne larsen(:


-beatufiul!

-me and sister unwin!

-gorgeous ocean(:



No comments:

Post a Comment